Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

It's been a while!

In an effort to work on myself and achieve my goals I'm working with a woman that I know on some coaching. She's helping me identify obstacles that exist or that I've created and move through them quickly and efficiently so that I can be my best self. I'm excited to start the process and see where it leads. Here's the link if you're interested: http://www.mypowerfullifenow.com/.

I've been thinking a lot lately about how I can make the best of my current situation. I'm working on some new self-directed projects at work that I think have potential to make some important impacts for my department and community. Sometimes I find that when I'm working on projects that I've dreamed up it's harder to commit to them--there's no deadline, no one waiting for me to turn something in and I tend to procrastinate. To counteract that tendency I'm going to come up with a work plan that identifies specific tasks, work products, timelines and deadlines so that I have a way to be accountable.


On a side note we spent the weekend at a backcountry cabin with a bunch of friends. We skiied, ate, played in the snow, played cards, ate some more and then ate a little bit more (there might have been some drinks involved also). It was so great to get away from the regular life responsibilities and distractions--no to do list, no tv, no phone! Loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment