Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Freezing Chiles

I bought 1/2 a bushel of roasted green chiles! We like to use them for green chile, soups, and stews. They're also great on sandwiches and burgers.










Once I finally got them home, they were still hot. I think some people spread them out and get them cold quickly but I don't really bother. I'm not sure if it's the best idea but we've survived this long so I figure we're okay! You can just put them in freezer bag as is but I peeled them and removed the seeds.




It's really easy to peel and take out the seeds, I actually found it kind of relaxing. My friend did the same thing though and she had 6(!) bushels--I don't think it was quite as relaxing for her!






I ended up with about eight small plastic bags full of chiles. I put them in the freezer and will just use them as I need to this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment