Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Decide what to be and go be it

That title is from a song by the Avett Brothers--it sticks with me.

I had a long phone chat the other night with one of my best friends in the world. She's living in Tokyo right now so between kids, life and the time difference it can be really difficult to connect. After talking with her I felt re-energized and refocused. It was good to talk about our lives and talk about my goals and dreams, out loud, with her. I created this blog as a way of vocalizing my goals but sometimes it's even better to talk about them with the people that are closest to you. The feedback and response that I got from my friend helped me remember the bigger picture and reminded me that we're all on this path of trying to achieve our dreams and goals.

If you're feeling stuck give your friends a call. These are the people that you know best, know your strengths and weaknesses and are often your biggest cheerleaders. We all need input, help and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment