Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Taking a breath Day 20

The past few weeks have been really busy with work, a trip and all the other everyday life stuff. This past weekend was a quiet one at home. The weather was grey so we cooked, rested and played--it was great. I didn't spend a lot of time thinking about *big* life stuff--I just tried to enjoy the little things--dinner with friends, swimming with my daughter and napping.



Although pursuing my calling is one of my primary focuses right now it's good to take a break. I needed to reset myself and my rhythms. Every day and every minute cannot be about pursuing the calling--sometimes it's nice just to read a magazine or mindlessly bake muffins.

I made some tasty carrot raisin muffins from a recipe my neighbor gave me. Here's the recipe:

1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup honey
1 1/2 cups finely shredded carrots
1/4 cup orange juice
5 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 400. Whisk together dry ingredients. In separate bowl mix eggs, honey, carrots, orange juice, butter and raisins together. Let the wet ingredients stand for 10 minutes (this allows the raisins to soak up some of the moisture). Add flour mixture to wet ingredients, along with walnuts and mix until just combined. Spoon into greased muffin pan. Bake 15 to 18 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment