Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Doubt and fear Day 15

Self-doubt and fear inevitable creep in during the pursuit of passion. I'm on a work trip right now. I was chosen to be part of a team doing consulting work for a community in the mid-west. It's exciting and scarrry!!




Before I even arrived I wondered if I would be skilled enough to participate and contribute in a meaningful way. I'm excited but also doubting my own abilities. I am trying to remember that I was chosen based on my skills and qualifications--not because someone felt bad for me and thought it would be nice to include me. Although I may not have the same skills and background as other participants I have my own perspective to bring to the project.

I think we all doubt ourselves and abilities, especially when we're in a new situation. Although it can be frightening these experiences hopefully enable us to expand our boundaries, change and grow. I'm optimistic this week that I will not only be able to make a valuable contribution but that I will also learn a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment