Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Many passions Day 11

During the pursuit of passion I've found that I'm passionate about many things. There's a general theme for my career that I'd like to focus on but in my personal life I love to bake, sew, decorate, mountain bike and spend time with my family and friends.

We all likely have numerous passions. Some are more important and life changing but when combined the pursuit of your passions leads to a full, satisfying life. When we incorporate things that make us happy, interest and challenge us on a regular basis life is better.

To that end, I've been doing some home decorating/improvement projects lately. Young House Love is one of my favorite blogs and their bathroom from their first home inspired me. I painted wide tone on tone stripes in our downstairs, half-bath. The bathroom was painted a medium tone khaki.


I taped off the walls next which took me a bit to get the hang of. I was anxious that the tape wasn't perfectly straight and that the stripes would look goofy. The tape was mostly straight and in the end the stripes looked fine.



I had some of the original bathroom paint on hand so I just added some white paint we already had to khaki. I added the white and tested it on the wall until I liked the color and contrast. It took about an hour to paint stripes. I only had to do one coat--hurray! I ripped the tape off as soon as I was finished, per the directions from Young House Love.





I love the stripes! It was a pretty simple project and took about four hours. I like to go in and admire work a few times a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment